And now the fun part! Let’s dive into the experiments!
We recommend doing them in order:
- Blinking an LED
- Learn the basics of programming the Omega by turning an LED on and off.
- Blinking Multiple LEDs
- Learn some more programming concepts by controlling multiple LEDs at once.
- Fading an LED
- Create a cool LED fading effect using the pulse width modulation technique.
- Reading a Switch
- Use a physical switch to control an LED through the Omega.
- Using a Shift Register
- Use a shift register chip to control 8 LEDs using only a few GPIOs.
- Controlling a Seven-Segment Display
- Add a seven-segment display to the previous circuit to display numbers.
- Reading a 1-Wire Temperature Sensor
- Use a 1-Wire temperature sensor to read the ambient temperature.
- Controlling LCD Screen
- Use the I2C protocol to control an LCD screen attached to the previous circuit.